Friday, June 16, 2006

Jeffrey, Jeffrey, Jeffrey

First concert of the season, yeah! Almost rained out, yeah! Free, yeah!
After one bad day this week it was a treat to go and see one of my favorite performers Jeffrey Gaines. Who you ask? Are you an XPN listener? I first saw him perform and pour his heart out in song and sweat one hot June evening at the Tweeter when Sting had transportation problems. I still remember this black man wearing red leather pants and a jacket in June. He had to be hot and he was, his music that is. If you have never heard his heartfelt and engaging songs you should give a listen. Songs like "Over and Over,"Always Be," and I know a Man" are great. His version of PG's "In your Eyes" is better than the original, in my opinion. JG is hard to define his songs from the heart are about his life, heart, aspiring to greater things, and personal freedoms. He doesn't sound like anyone I could name and I have tried. He defies generalization. I bet you can find JG performing somewhere this summer in the area as he hails from PA. Most of his performances are free to the public and he can usually be found donating his time for charitable causes like Katrina or Africa relief. If not you'll find him on XPN.
I woke up with his music running through my mind over and over, oh, that's one of his lyrics.
Love, love, love JG. Sorry couln't download a pic. Try his website: Jeffrey Gaines @Homepages.com for interviews on politics, music and more...

1 comment:

Joe Tornatore said...

a friend of mine went to this concert. When it Gaines it pours. lol.