Sunday, October 22, 2006

All Work and no Play.

I remember saying that I was going to take this month off from the home improvement list. Well, I lied. I made breakfast which I never do; blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, ham, juice and coffee. Since we had a table full fo strong men for breakfast they were put into action. With fall well underway there is still much to do before winter approaches. For every two projects completed there is one new addition to the list. The list that has no been eradicated in fifteen years. The project de jour, the basement windows purchased today are not easily replaced. After all the old ones are quite cozy where they were. Like everything in this 80 year old bungalow there are always modifcations due to listing and gravity. Starting early means right after breakfast and at 12:30 window number one is still a work in progress.

The weekend was not without fun however, found a great place in Lacaster county filled with farm animals, ride hayrides, buggy rides, and a 2.5 mile corn maze. After an hour and fifteen minutes it was looing its appeal. Dining at "Good & Plenty" is always the high point of any trip to Lancaster. Seems half of the east coast had the same idea to enjoy a last hurrah in the beauty of a simpler lifestyle that is quicky fading. What fall color, what a weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you relaxed after those windows were replaced AND cooking breakfast! O MY I thought you were a womens libber LOL MOMMMAMIA

Joe Tornatore said...

been to Good N plenty. good fixins. favorite though is the Shady Maple.

Zelda Parker said...

Well, I'll have to try it. Uhmmm Good.

Merci said...

Last time I went to Good 'n' Plenty, I was with you ;) I'm game for the Shady Maple sometime. It's a favorite of mine. Stoltzfus Family Style Rest. is great, too!