Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ah, the peace and quiet

The first two weeks after having surgery to repair a small tear to the rotator cuff, a slap lesion (torn tendon over shoulder) and a torn bicep muscle, was a blurr. Plenty of afternoon naps especially after the rigorous physical therapy workouts. Five weeks means that I am half way through this recovery according to the orthpedist that has been treating me. Thanks to all who helped me get through it. What have I learned after five weeks of time away form Officeland? That I can entertain myself with my hobbies, reading and dreaming of new opportunities. I did not miss working, only some friends that I've made at Officeland I and II. I read only two books one fiction and one non-fiction. As is usual I started several others..... Nothing profound in all of this but it has been filled with very little stress and a great deal of serenity.
"The fruit of the spirit is love, joy and peace........."

2 comments:

mommanator said...

Zelda-welcome back to blogland!

Merci said...

It's OK to want to keep working because you love what you do. I've heard people say that they have to keep working (beyond retirement age)because they wouldn't know what to do with themselves. I can always think of 100 things to do in any given day that don't include going to work!