Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Birthday 39 again?

Springing forward indeed. Time flies .... That being said my big birthday came and went without alot of fanfare, just the way I hoped. A clean get away was not for me however because one member of my team remembered and my desk was littered with a new flowering plant a card and a badge that she insited I wear last week, although the big day was still four days away.

On Sunday it was bright and sunshining outside and the sound of birdsong could be heard, much as it is now. After a leisurely morning relaxing it was too nice to stay indoors. A walk at the lake seemed in order.

A little shopping and I'll admit mostly things that I needed, loosely defined anyway. Before you know it the day was winding down and it was off to dinner. The same lake side walk taken earlier in the day was part of the panoramic view that was now before me as the waiter ushered us to a circular booth near the glass doors overlooking the lake. Had we arrived any later we would have missed the view. Note to self, come earlier for a view of the sunset.

A glass of St. Michaels de..?....pino grigio was dellicious. Will have to look for that again. A nice grilled salmon, baked potato and sauteed spinach with sweet roasted garlic. Yumm! A little pricey, but big birthdays come only once and this one was special. Did I forget to mention the chocolate cake, mousse icing lush strawberries and bananna filling in the middle. Wow!. What a day!

I cannot share any wisdoms that I've learned this past "thirty nine years" but one, I will say there is no time to waste, life is a sweet as chocolate soemtimes. Live, love and be happy!

Thanks to all. The flower show, the Josh Groban concert and a very special chocolate cake were lovely. Thanks for all the gifts, but mostly for the lovings friendships that have sustained me this past year. There is much to celebrate in life, be happy!

3 comments:

mommanator said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend YOUR day! I should take note in a couple of weeks for MY 49th!
I am a bit jealous you had such a wonderful dya , but if anyone deserves it you do! Happy Happy

Zelda Parker said...

Thanks for the visit. Great to catch up with ya!
Peace

Pax Romano said...

Well, the cake I baked is long gone, and I gave the new car I bought you to one of my other wives...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, you still look foxy!