Saturday, March 24, 2007

Returning to the scene of the dime

In full bloom amongst the dried stems of last years ornamental grass sits a beautiful spray of amethyst crocus. They are covering the bed like a blanket, well a baby's blanket. The Contessa showed mommonator and I a yard near the office that has a lawn of crocus this time of year. Daffodils are golden and despite last weeks cold snap are still in their glory! First time I uncovered them so early, but they seemed to have survived.

Returning to work after a week of blissful vacation was very difficult. I missed all the parties and the farewells. Didn't plan it that way, just happened to be my vacation week. The pivitol moment of cleaning my desk was oddly when I threw out the menues of the favored local eateries. Some of my favorite times at officeland were the coffee breaks with Pax, Mercia and Mommanator and our breakfast club meetings over blueberry pancakes. The high point of the day was going out to lunch with friends, old and new. Throwing out the menues reinforced how different things are. No more pasta at Maplewood, or Grand chinese food.

It has been a tough week for me for a number of reasons. My new coworker would slyly leave bits of dark chocolate about, and has brought me freshly brewed coffee on occasion. Did you talk to him Pax? Sounds like it, doesn't it. Mostly folks gave me a wide berth as I turned into dark and irregular Zelda overloaded with more than a hundred reports to do. A worker near me told me to stand down when I was in the midst of standing up for myself and my collegues. What's up with that? Frankly Scarlett......

Been having a hard time looking on the bright side but the flowers in the garden and the budding trees are a welcome sight. It appears that the rain has ceased and with any luck at all I'll be able to go out and work in my beloved garden today. If not, there is always a good movie playing somewhere. My choice, humm, maybe Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle! Will let you know how it turns out. Keep smiling folks the sun is trying to come out!

8 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Never Stand Down!!!

Would Angie stand down? Would Sylvia stand down? Would Eula Mae stand down?

And always remember, "I will fight for your honor ... which is more than you ever did!"

XOXOXOXO

Joe Tornatore said...

When you are too busy to do lunch, the classifieds satisfy hunger.

Zelda Parker said...

Lunch, we ate a breakfast at our desks and grazed through the rest of the day. Went out to do errands at lunch. Literally didn't even notice it was break time in the afternoon. ARGH! What a day, what a week?

mommanator said...

loved this post Zelda-let it hang out there sister!BUT we shall not forget to eat!
what did you think of the new menu posted!

Merci said...

I feel that a meeting of the breakfast club is in order, AND SOON!!! Maybe at the MLD, or the I-Hop??? Or, at least, lunch out at one of the new venues available to us...

Zelda Parker said...

Merci
Sounds like a plan, just tell me when & where?

Zelda Parker said...

Merci,
Just when I was about to give up (the blog)there you were. That's twice today that your timing was perfect.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are down. Must be something in the air, there has been much negativity, transition, and challenge as of late. I hope the sun shines on you tomorrow.