Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Movie Review


Those of you who know me know that I like movies. I have been told that I am not easy to please. There recently have been two, yes two movies from my fave, Javier Bardem! Having seen them both I would endorse "No Country for Old Men." It's a manly kind of film, plenty of action and suspense, violence and intensely good acting from the entire cast. Tommy Lee Jones shines in his performance.
I though that two films would make Javier a house hold name on America. I was a little disappointed with Love in The Time of Cholera. I was never convinced I was watching the character he portrayed. The female lead was above average in her performance. The difficulty lies in the fact that the novel as written by an award winning author and it is hard to make a film as good as the book.
If your looking for a good film this is the one, "Frendo!"

3 comments:

mommanator said...

glad to see you guy Javier is making movies. At least you can look at him! Also glad you r getting out!

Merci said...

Ok, so let's pick a movie and a night, Mommanator and Zelda!

Joe Tornatore said...

no country for old men sounds like my lasy blog posting.