Sunday, September 25, 2005

Fall rememberences and Garbo

I've tried to watch Garbo films playing on TCM this month, but still have not caught Camille that Mercie reccomended.
With summer offically fading this week I'd rather take in one more walk at the beach, one last stroll down the boards. Being near the ocean is the place most likely to remind me of my Dad, of fishing trips, riding the waves through the AC inlet surpasses any rollercoaster ever built. Fall also reminds me that its time for a trip to Lancaster, Pa. The Amish restaraunts serve hearty fare homes in a homestyle setting. The rapidly fading vistas of horse drawn carriages are getting pushed aside for traffic of all kinds. Faster yet, the farm houses and red barns are becoming housing developments. I enjoy visiting Lancaster as it reminds me of my childhood in Ohio. Life was simple then and in the fading summer days we'd sit at the fishing pond with bamboo poles and red and white bobbers that sink when a fish was on the line.
As for the beautiful Garbo, I don't believe she wanted to be totally alone, more likely misunderstood. She probably just wanted a little solitude and serenity. Who doesn't?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Zelda, Darling.

Pax said you were doing this internet thing with the bloggy - frankly I would never post my secrets on the web, god knows what the neighboors would think, oy!

Anyway, My Sylvia wanted me to tell you that anytime you are ready to head to the outlets, she's game (what does she know from Amish? the woman lives to shop!)

As for Garbo; such a beauty that one was! Not as pretty as Miss Susan Anton, but pretty damn close in my book!

So when are you and Bubba coming over for some brisket?

Love,
Saul Finestine

Rob Seifert said...

Your talk of the old country in Ohio reminded me of the few trips I've taken to Ohio over the years. It's sad to hear the old barns are being torn down in favor of cookie-cutter housing developments.

As to Garbo, simply lovely.

RCS

Joe Tornatore said...

i'll take a fishing hole and a read and white bobber over cookie cutter homes any day.