Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Less is more?

I had been procrastinating for weeks about having a yard sale to reduce the unneccessary stuff from my home as well. Stuff seems to multiply like rabbits. One of my first blogs was about moving a family member from their home and all the treasures that they could not bare to part with. Now I wonder if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree? Is this a heriditary trait? If so, I'm in big trouble as both my paternal Grandmom and the maternal side of my family have a penchant for saving things well beyond their time. Now I ask myself when was the last time I painted? Why am I keeping supplies for crafts I've long ago lost imterest in? Why do I have gold flatwear and a silver service? AHHHHHH! There is fabric enough to make a quilt for each of my blogger friends. Forget about the books........six bookcases in this house. How many books do we really read again? Help! Maybe George Carlin was right that we buy bigger houses to keep all of our stuff. Is there a cure for this insanity? This is the Saturday that all the insanity stops....if it doen't rain you'll find me in the side yard, coffee in hand, sellling stuff I just had to buy, for much less than its worth. Because misery loves company I'm enlisting my neighbors in this foolishness as well. That is if they haven't read this yet. Hurry over, treasures like these will not last long! Help.............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next-gen Scirocco
GermanCarBlog is one of the blogs that we frequent, for two reasons: 1. we love German cars; 2. we don't speak German.
Very useful information. Thanks. Check my fishing rod organizer site out. Useful fishing rod organizer info is available.

Could be useful info for you.

Merci said...

Oh, my, the spammers are back.

I'll buy some stuff at your yard sale if you buy some stuff at mine! Guess that would kinda defeat the purpose. Oh well.

I'm getting much better about NOT buying stuff. But I cringe at the thought of a trip to my attic. Still have lots to unload.

Joe Tornatore said...

old hard copies of Anonymous Rowhouse's blog, if you have them, should go for a pretty penny. The bound editions will fetch even more. seriously, good luck.