Saturday, December 10, 2005

Holiday hopes

Never thought I'd say it but I'd like to skip Christmas this year. Well at least in the traditional ways of over decorating the house and buying gifts for family that they don't need or don't have a place to store. I have gotten more joy from giving gifts to children and to charities than any thing else.
When friends ask what is on my wish list I am often at a loss. I am happy to have time and laughter with each and everyone of the friends in my life. Friends (and you know who you are) provide me with more gifts than I could ever put under a tree.
Let me say thank you for the gifts that I received every day:
Laughter: the kind that makes me cry and makes my face turn an unflattering shade of red. To those who find the humor in everyday events and to see the irony that is all around us if we just open ourselves to it.
Challenges: to those who are honest/brave enough to say what is in their hearts and minds and yet present it in a way that is sensitive. Even hardships can be tools for teaching.
Sharing and discussions about timely and thought provoking movies, books and entertainment over a cup of tea or coffee. OK, even blogging! I've left out politics purposely.
Music: Don't know what I'd do without it on a daily basis! Something about taming the savage... I am convinced that a christmas concert is one way to start the season with spirit!
Knowledge: that there are a few people that I can depend on whenever things are too much to bear and the world seems a little too chilly!
Family: A woman really needs her sisters/brothers. What would we do without one another? Even if we do not share the same DNA. There are those who promote spirituality, serenity, authenticity, honor and humor. Each is a precious gem not to be taken for granted.
Love and peace are not cliches, they are what we all really want and need. Happy holiday!
XOXO

3 comments:

Pax Romano said...

But you stil owe me those leather easy chairs...

HA HA

Zelda, m'dear, you deserve nothing but the best for Xmas and every other day of the year!

Ant'ny, Saul & Groucho would all agree with me.

Merci said...

You know I've felt this way for the last couple of Christmases. I'm more interested in going out for holiday coffee and seeing other folks' decorations than I am in making a big hoopla in the house. I like simple, cozy holidays best.

Joe Tornatore said...

doesn't sound like there is alot of baking going on over there...