Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My holiday.

We went to my sisters in northwestern New York state where NJ, NY and PA meet. Her family live atop a mountain and have the most amazing view of the rolling hillside punctuated with stone walls that look as if they've been there since the Mohicans. In fact thats what the view from their breakfast room reminded me of. On a clearer day you can see High Point, NJ which is ten minutes away. Not being a great photographer I have no visual proof to offfer but I'll try to remedy that in a future blog.

Dinner was ready at the same time I wanted to nap, probably around three pm. After driving since 7am, I was beyond tired. We took Mum which I thought would make her very happy. The idea of seeing her 8 year old grandaughter open her American girl dolls and other gifts sounded very appealing. Wrong! Let me just say that next time I'm going alone! I'll spare you the details. Yet it was all so worth it to see my sister and her family so happy in their newly built home. They seem like the ideal happy family. As an engineer her hubby has moved them around the country several times and this is the closest they've been in fifteen years. I could not be happier!

Now its back to the real world and I am determined to make the new year one filled with happy memories. Thank you all for the gifts you've given me this year. Let's vow to make the new year the BEST filled with peace and love.

3 comments:

Merci said...

I, too, have learned not to tow my family along with me when I travel. It just never turns out the way I picture it.

Happy 2006! See you around the office soon...

Pax Romano said...

But did you sing "The Sound of Music" and run through the hills? "How do you solve a problem like Zelda..."

Joe Tornatore said...

a great year to all.