Monday, February 05, 2007

And the diagnosis is.......

As a child I wondered why my grandparents talked about illness and death so frequently. As if on a vigil reading the paper for friends and loved one listed within. Now I am beginning to understand..........arghhhh...

Seems that a number of us in officeland have some medical issues these days. When did bad knees, bad backs, hernia's and colonoscopy's start to dominate the break room conversations? What happened to talk of fine dining and movie reviews? I almost miss hearing about the world trips that so many take for granted. Must be middle age settling over us, oh perish that thought.

Three MRI's, multiple xray's, three hours in the waiting room, two orthopedists and a finally one diagnosis. No Mommonantor, I am not a hypochondriac. We have an opinion that I have a SLAP lesion and a moderate rotator cuff tear. SLAP lesion I have learned, is a tear in the tendons over the head of the shoulder bone and often accompanies a rotator cuff tear. As much as I abhorred the arthroscopic MRI it finally showed what has been bothering me for probably two years. Last year the insurance would not approve the MRI when the first doctor suggested it. Instead I took a prescription for some heavy duty pain killers. That was until someone said hey, what's up with you woman? Are you depressed? No I was under the influence and I was sleeping for a change. Seems like you must complain enough till the insurance providers tire and concede. Who would volunteer for these things if they did not need them. Truth is, part of me did not want to go today. That part however was overridden by reason because the imaginations were worse that the reality. OK, not ready for more than PT and injections right now. That's enough to absorb.....frankly I am tired of talking about it and relieved to have a diagnosis.

1 comment:

mommanator said...

Hey I never said you are a hyperchrondiac! Did I? I just want some relief for ya!
I am so glad for a diagn for you! I am sure you are felling better just knowing it isnt in your mind!Did I SLAP ya when you had your arm on the back of that seat!?
Insurance companies are the best HUH! MOMMANATOR