Saturday, February 24, 2007

Tea for Two or Three

A great start to the weeked was tea at the Victorian Rose Tea Room in Millville, NJ. The outside was barely noticable but inside the decor was the nicest place we've explored yet. Imagine silver service, royal daulton china covered in roses and soft music playing in the background. Just the kind of things girls (of any age) would like. Raspberry spritzers to start. The salad of spring greens, strawberries, sunflower nuts, goat cheese, cranberries and golden rasins was so good I did not notice it didn't have dressing. After that it was onto finger sandwiches, scones with lemon or cream. The desserts were petite nut filled, chocolate or lemon tarts, and shortbread cookies in the form of pink hearts. Higly reccomended for Mother's Day gift ideas, they are planning a book reading for children one Saturday a month. Try it, my guess is that you'll like it. It was the ultimate was to spend time talking with your best girl friends. Life is good!

5 comments:

mommanator said...

do I get to mention the tea sandwiches? or do I wait for Merci to blog hers, guess I will wait for her blog?
Was quite a nice afternnon. Talking with friends was the best part!-I agree

Zelda Parker said...

Thank you both!

Joe Tornatore said...

what about the crab cakes falling off the truck? lol

Merci said...

It was an idyll in the midst of the insanity of my life these days. Thank you to my very dear friends!

Karl said...

What!?? No Double Cheeseburgers!?? What kind of a place is this!??