Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Books/Meme

From the Mommanator: comments at the end....

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? Nope, never did!
What are some books you read as a child? Dick & Jane, Bible, Johnathan Livingston Seagull, Of Mice & Men, Call of the Wild.
What is your favorite genre? Medical Mystery, Spirituality Books
Do you have a favorite novel?Of Mice & Men
Where do you usually read? Car, easy chair
When do you usually read? When bored, when I see something I just can't keep my hands off
Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time? no only during research
Do you read nonfiction in a different place than you read fiction? Yes nonfiction is usually read while sitting up almost at a desk, Fiction is anywhere I plop myself
Do you buy most books you read, or borrow them or check them out of the library-buy and Library. Actually most from library
Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them? Keep them, others I share with friends
If you have children, what are some favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some same ones you read as a child? Same as I read as a child. Also, love taking the grands to the library, pick up a book and then read with them(not to them, but with them)
What are you reading now? Nothing really, have been really busy, but have purchased some for when I get a minute
Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list? no unless someone says you MUST read this
Whats next?POP goes the Weasel by Patterson
What books would you like to reread? None, I can't stand to reread stuff. 2 of the only books I have read many times are Of Mice & Men & Call of the Wild
Who are your favorite authors?Robin Cook, Patterson,Clive Custler, Max Lucado

Ok now you are tagged: Shoe, Zelda Parker, Merci, & Pax
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a pre-kindergardener I learned to read with Mom.
We read English nursey rhymes and I later like Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew to name a few.
Faves include: Mysteries.
Favorites: The Pelican Brief and Atonement
Where: In a comfy chair, the car, at my desk during lunch and in bed before sleep is the best.
When: Far too little lately, usually I read when there is nothing on tv but sports, waiting, and am wishing for an escape.
I am not proud of it but I usually have several books going at once, depends on my mood.
I read non-fiction for motivation, inspiration, cook books and gardening.
In the past I bought most everything I read. I have a library card that does see much action. Usually lend/give away the paperbacks and those especially good books.
No children of my own. Try to encourage children to read by giving books for gifts at birthdays. Bought "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and though better of giving it to a ten year old after proof reading it. Maybe it's better in a couple years...
For about a year I have been reading "Saturday" and its not very thick. I have been reading Jenn Weiner's short stories almost as long. I have a Dali Lami book going as well.
I am trying not to buy any more until I read what I have. Thaqt should keep me busy for the rest of my life. I have a hard time passing up anything written by the Dali Lama.
My TBR list is the stack on the nighstand, right now there is probably a dozen books there as I have not finished more than one or two this entire year. I rarely reread anything but have tagged "the Power Positive Thinking" that was recently re-released with additional tex about the "Amazing results of Positive Thinking".
Favorite authors: Patterson, Grisham, Cornwell, Agatha Christie, Dali Lama, Ian McEwan, Jennifer Weiner, Jane Heller, Steven Covey,and Anne Tyler.

1 comment:

mommanator said...

glad to see U-R still reading! It's a must! I love the Dali Lama Too- so easy to read and think about. I would love to meet and be in his company for a few days or should I say weeks!