Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The weekend that wasn't...

At the end of last week the weather turned chilly as we all know. I was invited to a wedding that was outdoors at 11 am on Saturday. Let's say, I did not need to worry about the sweater dress being too warm. We waited for what seeemed an hour for the bride to make an appearance. The bridesmaids were wearing shoulder revealing dresses. There was a little sun but there was a little wind and I know that they were cold. The ceremony was beautiful with a singer who could have gave Barbara Streisand a run for the money, no joke. The reception was beautiful overlooking a golf course and the champagne flowing. The chorus line and dance lines should be banned. The bride and groom looked great and so very happy, that's all that really matters. We each received a CD of their favorite songs. I am still enjoying some of them.
Sunday, off to Batso to visit with a friend but again it was cold. Thought only of buying a warm drink and gloves. I could no leave without the handmade lavender soap which smell so good. In the afternoon it was off to Almathea Winery. The wines were not much to brag about, although a guy next to me bragged that he'd traveled two hours for the wine that he claimed were the best in So.Jersey. "No, east of the Rockies," another guy replied. I think they both drank too much. The best part was sitting in the sun, or by the fire and petting the farm dogs.
Before you knew it the weekend was over.....Next week will be just R&R, I hope.

2 comments:

mommanator said...

Ahh Lavendar soap- we are def too much the same sis!
I dont think I have had that wine-I must try if its that good! Dont really need an excuse to drink wine though!
Miss you a bunch!

Pax Romano said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Personally I think Valenzano wines are the best in Joisey.

I went to an outdoor wedding (this was almost twenty years ago) in Colorado. It was late October, and a almost 70 degrees ... however, it was very windy and about three hours into the event, the temp dropped to the low 40's, everyone was ushered into the hotel, and about an hour later it began to snow! The next day, the sun came back out and it was 65.