Wednesday, October 01, 2008

High ho, high ho....

It seems lately, my time has been consumer with work, work, work. There is the service sector & the dream of helping people, looking a little like swiss cheese. Rather that focus on the harshness of the world around I have been focused on the Garden of Eden which needs the weeds pulled now that it has finallay rained. I dream of adding some mums for fall color before this weekends open house. I took the day off and enjoyed staying up late and going to sleep when I felt like it. For once I slept like a baby, humm. Then I swept and moped, scrubbed and put away some summer clothes. By ten I was painting the front and back porch decks. At 12:30 pm I begrudlingly continued painting the home office which I had long ago started but never finished. In fact I almost forgot about it all together. So the first coat of neutral antique white is up and because I was covering my beloved sage green it will need another coat. The trim is really the bear as it was a darker shade of green than the walls. I only started painting the room because the trim throughout the house had been changed to a creamy white a couple years ago, except this room. The carpet had been replaced two years ago and I really must be careful not to spill. Hours of watching HGTV have taught me that buyers like bright and neutral colors. If folks don't like green than this will not be the house for them. Many have been throught to look, despite the realtors promises there has been no meanigful offers yet. I am hoping that this weeks open house will change that. So another day of painting the office, then some fresh flowers, and baked cookies. Any other ideas to suggest? The world seems to be looking sad lately but the Garden of Eden has never looked this good. Go figure?

5 comments:

mommanator said...

Hey glad to see you cleaned out the garden of Eden as well as your house! I miss your posts and our talks! Maybe I will see ya soon! I am gonna come up next week. Gotta see the grandbabies!
How much could more could you possibly have to do? let HIM do it!

Anonymous said...

Zelda, It was a real pleasure meeting you and Pax. Now that you and I can visualize each other in our mind's eye, it will be a double pleasure to comment on your blog.

This weekend is your lucky time...a bid will be forthcoming for the house. Settlement not before December 15th.

Happy days are here again!

Merci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Merci said...

Bake some cookies or a coffee cake just before the guests arrive. The kitchen will smell wonderful, and the cookies/cake can be an inviting snack for those who visit. If there isn't time to bake, a potpourri burner (preferably electric) is nice. I always left a little bit of classical or new age-y music playing on the stereo. It makes the home seem serene. The cable music channels are great for that, if your TV has stereo sound.

Good luck!

mommanator said...

Hey wait a second here you cannot sell yours before me! maybe they will sell the same day!