Friday, July 17, 2009

Celebrity Sighting

A few days ago while taking a walk through the new and improved Voorhees Town Center, I noticed a familiar face. After taking at least one second glance I walked right up and told J.C. Romero that we were glad he was back to pitching with the Phills. He stated that he was glad to be back too! His voice grew stronger as he told me that he is still fighting his previous 50 game suspension. Before I knew it or realized it, I was patting him on the shoulder and encouraged him. He said thank you "Mam." When did I become Mam, not Ms. or Miss? J.C. had none of that aggressiveness and tension that is palpable while watching him pitch his usual seventh or eighth innings. He was happy to have been noticed and as I walked away from him I noticed that he was looking around, I believe to see if anyone would notice that he was there. If anyone but me did observe him they did not ask for attention. At I looked for familiar faces to share this anecdote, everyone asked why I did not get an autograph? Just didn't, althought in hindsight, it may have drawn the attention that he appeared to be looking for. Corny or not it brightened my afternoon. Hopefully the team will be happy with their newly acquired pitcher but as for me. I may have found my new favorite Phil. Thanks JC, go get 'em.

2 comments:

mommanator said...

Ah, Zelda blogging! Yeah!
enjoyed dinner the other eve, so good to have a proper gals night out!

Pax Romano said...

From now on he's gonna hit 'em out of the park for Zelda!