Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Best and the Worst

The best book that I have read lately was "Certain Girls" by Jennifer Weiner.
The worst, Shirley McClaine "sageing while aging." she writes about Atlantis, quantum physics, and psychological ideas that are beyond me. Great actress, author?

The best lunch I have eaten lately is the Cobb salad from Salad works. I'm addicted to these.
The worst, leftovers from the fridge. I don't like em, but who can afford to waste.

Best new artist, hands down Shemekia Copeland. Check her out on U-tube.
Worst, the Decemberists, Rake's song which is a story of a father killing his children after their mother dies. Who would write this stuff.

Can you add a few ideas Merci, Mommonator, Pax?

7 comments:

Pax Romano said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pax Romano said...

Oh I love Shirley, sure she's a crazy old broad, but she's always out there! I like that in a person.

Merci said...

I'll give it some thought. I've been reading a lot lately, so it should be easy to come up with a book. As for eating, well, dinner Saturday at the Bonefish Grill in Egg Harbor Township was SUPERB! It was comparitively inexpensive, too.

mommanator said...

Dont ask me about music! I am not an officionota on that, what no answer from Pax on thta one
You know I enjoyed the Shack and am presently on S is fo Silence. Havent had much time for reading since iin MD!
SHirley!!! she has always been different!
Hey we cut down a tree and planted a new one!

et said...

I adore Shirley MaClaine...never read "sageing while aging." Quantum physics is not for me; one doesn't have to know how a microwave works in order to use it.
Same thing with second sight, it's there and everyone is able to do it. Just be still and listen to one's higher self...answers will come.

Zelda Parker said...

ET, I'll give Shirely's book to J if you think you might want to give it a try. I can admit that her paradigms are way beyond my understanding.....

et said...

Thanks, I appreciate your kind offer. I must return a book to the local library, so I'll pick up a copy there.