Monday, July 23, 2007

What a weekend

Friday the day I'd been waiting for finally arrives and its off to the Ritzy theater straight from work. There reason I cannot wait to see the next movie by the (unknown to most Americans)great Spanish actor, Javier Bardem. He has three movies roles coming out this year.

About this film, without giving too much away.....powerful, disturbing and though provoking. Just the way I like 'em. Maybe too disturbing, he was so villanous...so political and power hungry. Sounds contemporary huh, well its about the Spanish Inquishion and the French Revolution exemplified through the lives of three individuals. Seems that Milos Formeman has wanted to make this film for many years and worked many to create this one. Of course, I caanot be truly objective when I say Javier dominated the film. This was a dark time in history and it appears that at least one message is that history has taught us very little. Has anyone else seen this film?

Going to Pax's birthday was so much fun, laughing so hard the tears kept flowing from my eyes. Enjoyed seeing Gracie, Lu, and meeting Mrs. FS again. Never saw Klaus quite like that before. I Think everyone had a good time.

Sunday I felt like I was in a fog, not from drinking as much as staying up late. Guess I'm not getting any younger. A nice long walk cured what was wrong with me. What a nice weekend it was.

2 comments:

Zelda Parker said...

Forgot to run spell check, oops.

mommanator said...

I wasn't invited is why I didnt go and I was actually available this year! owell!