Thursday, December 07, 2006

Good Night and God Bless

Last night I attended the services of an aquaintence who had left this earth following a three year battle with breast cancer. She was diagnosed as it turns out, the same year as I. When I heard that stated out loud, I thought good thing I am sitting down, as I tried not to show that it rattled me a bit. She was a member of the Eastern Star organization which in my ignorance I had to research. There was a restful aura in the room that was loaded with people and everyone seemed to be in peaceful harmony. Good night A, you will be missed but not forgotten.

2 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Sorry about your loss, Zelda.

I hope your friend is in a better place now.

xoxox

Joe Tornatore said...

Zelda,
At a funeral, there isn't a bad seat in the house.