Saturday, December 30, 2006

As the year winds down

While many of my pals are reviewing their best posts for the year that list is easy for me. Mine best writing according to Pax was about my childhood experiences with my grandparents. There are those of you who write for humor and irony. There are those who write to lament the state of the world either inside or outside ourselves. For me it is more of an online journal, a measure of where my head is at at any given time. Creatively I have been very busy, knitting, crocheting and sewing, etc. my writing has suffered and in part due to the fact that I don't want to write about the negative. Haven't been able to successfully complete more than one book all year. i am not a big t.v. watcher either.
I have been enjoying the weekend and quietly reflecting on what I have to be thankful for and the hopeful dreams of what 2007 might be: I cannot believe 2006 year has past so quickly and in many ways that is a good thing.
First let me say I am so thankful that I can finally sleep well most nights,
I am thankful for friends like Momma J and Merci, Pax and J for all the kindness and support throughout this tumultuous year. Couldn't have made it without you.
I managed to get a new roof on the house, several new windows and it looks marvelous,
The new mantra of remove, repurpose and recycle have never made more impact. Less really is more!
I escaped for a weekend here and there and that was enough to relax,
But next year, God willing:
I will be hitting a milestone birthday,
I will loose that extra ten pounds,
so that I will not look my age of 39 and holding,
and to honor that event I am going to take a "real" vacation. I have a few ideas?
What are your favorite vacation spots?

Hopefully 2007 will be healthy and happy for us all. That's enough.

5 comments:

Merci said...

Zelda-
My year has been about less is more, as well. I have to keep reminding myself about the things that are important, and I have to take hard looks at what I really need. It's a big life lesson at my age.

I vote for Tuscany as a vacation spot. I've never been, but I've never heard anything but good reviews. I might never get there, so I'd love to live it vicariously, through you! Wherever you go, immerse yourself in the experience; you won't regret it!

Happy, happy New Year, my dear friend!

Anonymous said...

Humm where in the world would I go? I'd go to any one of the places I have already been, but one of my favorites is Paris! However there are some mighty wonderful places in the good ole USA! The black sand in Michigan, the mighty Rockies, Niagra Falls, o you said somewhere warm for a change how's about how about Virginia its for lovers ya know,the outer banks, and another of my favorites St Simon Island!!!
THanks for placing me in a line of friends. I dont know what I would have done without you the past year either Blessings Momma

Pax Romano said...

Dear Zelda,

A Milestone? Turning 30, AGAIN!?

Don't worry my dear, you don't look a day over 25, if I'm any judge of horseflesh...say you haven't stopped talking since I got here, did some one inoculate you with a phonograph needle...why you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seem, which doesn't say much for you...

Sorry, Groucho took over for a second.

I vote for Palm Springs. Pack the bags and the sun oil, I am ready to leave.

pissed off patricia said...

Sanibel/Captiva Island here in Florida. If you've never been there, you've been cheating yourself. It's perfect! It's beautiful! We go there at least once every year. It's like my other home.

Happy New Year :)

Joe Tornatore said...

if you are still producing on your blog, no matter how often, you are ahead of most of the abandoned blogs I used to read.