Thursday, December 28, 2006

Post Holiday Lament

The scrooge in me was reminded of the joys that are Christmas while spending a little time with children. They cannot wait to open their gifts and are filled with excitement many of us have not felt in years. My Mom was happy because her grandchildren came on Christmas eve and the last child from NY came by last night. They went to dinner but alas, I was whooped and did not join them. It was nice to see Mom happy.

I want to thank all of you for your gifts, calls and attention which made this year a little easier. D asked me yesterday how it went and I replied that it was good. I found myself slipping into a mood on Tuesday and for the life of me I could not figure out why. Maybe Zelda was just tired. I baked, I cooked, I knitted scarves for all and still am thinking of creative ideas.....

Yesterday I indulged Zelda with some much needed new clothing items found at the after Christmas sales at 50% off. There will be no dry cleaning and less ironing for me this winter, that's for sure.

My resolution is to resist worry, hope for our futures and enjoy the New Year filled with peace and love for us all. Maybe I'll learn to add pictures to my blog, nah, who am I kidding!

3 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Zelda, dear Zelda,

You are a STAUNCH Character and will always be the Margret to my Groucho!

Hugs and Kisses,

Stop by on New Years Eve if you are up to it!

Anonymous said...

O Zelda, you just to have some fun! Laugh, teas, scones,back rubs et all
When I get back home we have lunch one day MOMMA

Merci said...

Zelda-
I had a bit of a mood going this week, myself. Thank goodness for the kind and understanding souls around me. I've recovered, and sounds like you have, too.

Hope your New Year's Eve is special, and hope 2007 is gracious to us all.