Monday, May 14, 2007

Can you imagine a better Mother's Day?

Took Mom to NY for a weekend at my sister's home in the mountains. What a view from the deck? Did I think to bring the camera?. Mr. K. was on business in Milan, Italy. Four hours and an unlimited supply of music and conversation we arrived without incident. A wonderful meal and chick flicks were the order of the evening. "Dreamgirls" was good but the "Queen" was too long (& boring)......I'll spare you the conversation after that comment. Day two, Mom insisted we go shopping and more than five hours later we were voting to stay longer or go......can you imagine? All I wanted was a rest. The best part of the evening was the dirty martini's . Sunday morning after breakfast and good byes I could not wait to return home to the peace and quiet of the Garden. Despite a few setbacks it was fun to visit with My sister, my tweener niece and Mom....who was happy with the attention to Mother's Day. For me there is still no place like home.

2 comments:

mommanator said...

Is this you I hear complaining about all the work the garden of Edden is!? LOL It is wonderful to get back home, Boy do I know that, would love to be at my oasis right now. but at least they let me compute! unless they swinging the whip for me to do some work! LOL like I listen to a whip!

pissed off patricia said...

I didn't know you were a martini drinker. One more thing we have in common. Plus you like your peace and privacy. Okay that's another thing we share.