Saturday, July 09, 2005

Concert Week

Last Saturday I wrote about some of the adventures at Live 8. Went to Cooper River Park on Monday evening for the Freedom festival. I am not a Joan Jett fan but I must say that the band enjoyed playing as much as the crowd enjoyed her. She really can still rock. This is one of the best venues to watch fireworks. You could see the fireworks from Philly to Collingswood and a few other towns that I don't even know the names of; there were four displays in view.

The event of the week almost never happened due to the rainy weather. Thank God that the rain stopped. The clouds cleared enough to enjoy one of the best singer songwriters today. James Taylor's voice resonated through the Tweeter center and believe me there was not an empty seat or piece of lawn anywhere. The sun tried to come out and just enough to inspire another sunset story (for another time). There were fireworks at the Phillies stadium. Each song was better that the next. There were two encores and although he did not sing "You've Got a Friend," there were plenty around me. It was a night I won't soon forget! Three concerts in a week is a record for me. Usually I go to three concerts all summer if I am lucky! Wow! It's looks as if it's going to be a great summer!

3 comments:

Joe Tornatore said...

we got to talk more, Zelda. Our friend Mike P. was a sponsor at this event. He was selling classic rock tee shirts all weekend at this event. Shame, you could have said hello at either this event or my house party last year. I am sure Mike would have raced you on who could sell a tee shirt faster.

Zelda Parker said...

Never saw our mutual acquaintance. Speaking of T's. I wanted to buy a long sleeve T last evening as it was a lttle chilly. $48.00, are they out of their minds? I guess I could have bought one of those tie dyed ones in the parking lot. The "hippy" retro thing just doesn't work for me since Janis and Woodstock ended.

Anonymous said...

hi zelda. sounds like you had a great week and an excellent start to your summer! are you all concerted-out or could a woman of your age do this every week?