Sunday, July 03, 2005

Live 8

WOW! Went to the concert by 9 a.m. We made the acquaintance with Tim from Temple U., Justin, Mike, and Tim's Mom. Tim had arrived at 6:45. His Mom was designated the concert Mom! They shared much more than their space on the lawn with us! You guy rock! There were plenty of beautiful women in the landscape as well. On the other side was a big man that reminded us of a friend from work, GS. Very funny guy who knew how to stir things up! You'll find me in today's Inquirer photo's, left of the monument and near the trees! Very close!

Will Smith was GREAT! I went to see Dave Matthews, Sarah Maclauglin, and Josh Groban. Got "jiggy" with Will and his pal JZ, lots of fun! To my suprise it was Bon Jovi that stuck in my head and all day long I kept singing; "It's my life.... take my hand...we'll make I swear.Oh, Oh, living on a prayer." Dave Matthews was energizing, opening with "Too Much, Dream Girls, and American Baby." A duet between Sarah and Josh was simply blissful.

I hope that this event does what it set out to do. Bring attention to those at the G8 summit next week. Africa needs our help, children should not be dying of starvation and disease in a world where there is enough for all. Every three seconds a child dies...click...click... Did you see the commercial on t.v.? Very powerful in its simplicity! Living on a prayer seems like the mantra of the day, our humanity is being put to a test. Jack Johnson said it best; "We only receive what we demand and if we want hell, than hell is what we'll have."

4 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Awright!!!!

I am so glad you went and had a great time!

Rock on, Zelda!

Pax Romano said...

So where is your picture? I have the paper and at first I thought I found your pic, and then I realized it was Beyonce...so where are you??????

Karl said...

You're braver than I.........I could only imagine the number of people and choas there so I passed. Glad you had a good time. And I too hope it accomplished what it sought out to do.

Joe Tornatore said...

what a sense of adventure. I did chores.