Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Big Cover Up

A five day weekend seemed like just the thing to cure my ills. Seems that I'll need another day off. Oh, dear what a shame. I might try to take a photo of the before version. But I don't have a digital camera to share with all fo you.

Well, today is a big day. What you ask? After saving and stress, stalls and stalemate a new roof is scheduled to go up today, unless it rains again. Seems its been raining alot since finding the urgent need for a complete roof replacement. One estimator scared the h--- out of me when informed me of the anticipated extent of the damage. He had not even opened the roof yet. How long had it been this way? Why did I not get the full story ? On and on, as panic moved in as my good common sense took a back seat. My overactive imagination began to wonder what else was lerking that I did not know about. Did I want to know anymore?

Hopefully today's weather is as nice as Friday and Saturday. Could we have had better fall days?

I'm trying to look on the bright side and I am not talking of the view from the sky light. If things go well this project will be complete in a few days. If not get my room ready at the big house. I'll need a special case manager. I hope that the master carpenter in my family will be watching, supervising and be a guardian angel as I take this leap of faith. It will all be finished soon and prayerfully there are no more hidden suprises. Wish me well. Peace and love to all.

2 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Just don't forget the roof deck, pool and elevated garden!

I think the master carpenter has your back, sweetie!

Merci said...

It'll be fine, don't worry. And it's gotta be done, so just go with it.

In the words of an attorney I know, "It's only money." In the end, he was right.

Don't forget to breathe...