Wednesday, November 01, 2006

High School Drama

At Merci's room you'll find an example of high school poetry. Well here goes my psudo-Sylvia Plath saga :

A Guitar
stands alone in the corner
Now it is still.
There were times this hand
carved piece of artistry
had been finely tuned,
played the most beautiful
sounds I ever heard.
You brought life to this guitar
singing beautiful notes
Strong hands perfectly
filling the air with beautiful music
In front of a fire
we sat singing old folk songs
as music and time
rolled along
There were times
then
that tender moments
were within your grasp
The music,
the life
you brought to that old guitar
and me.
The music
the life that now
is still.

6 comments:

Joe Tornatore said...

am I reading into this too much that this is a recent poem? this poem saddened me and I am tone deaf. Cheers, to happier poems.

Zelda Parker said...

I wrote this when I was a sophmore in high school Cannot tel you how many years ago that was....

pissed off patricia said...

It's sounds like a poem with a broken heart, either from death or seperation.

Merci said...

Zelda-
I'm humbled. This is a beautiful work and should be submitted to a journal.

Amazing how we can revisit the emotions of our youth so easily, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

YO guys I didnt find it sad at all! It was fanciful bringing that guitar to motion and life- rememberance of days past! Mommanator

Pax Romano said...

Yup, if Sylvia Plath had dated Bob Dylan and he dumped her, that's what she would have written!

Beautiful poem.