Sunday, June 12, 2005

Murphy's Law

Yesterday I turned down a fun invitation thinking that I'd do the responsible thing and help out a senior in need. What an idiotic idea! After spending more than eight hours, over the past few days hanging pictures (21 in all), drapes, putting together furniture kits, weeding, etc, etc. This morning my phone is filled with messages demanding that I call, "call me immediately or I'll drive up there, I know you're home." (I had no battery on the phone and turned it off for charging). It turns out that the mail which I brought in from the box could not be located. Guess where it was? Give up? Placed neatly on the desk! After being chastized I can't help but think of Murphy's Law; "no good deed goes unpunished." So much for peace and quiet on a Sunday morning!

No comments: