Friday, June 17, 2005

Tagged, Oh joy!

Pax Romano (Pax Romano's Ramblings @ blogspot.com/) tagged me this time to discuss five things that most of society at large enjoys, but I for the most part, just don't get:
Big Screen T.V's- Why do I need one when there is hardly anything on that I want to watch. If I need a big screen I can always go to the movies.No thanks!
Swimming Pools- One August I took care of my Sister-in-laws pool for the liberty of using it. I spent more time cleaning water lines, testing for the chemicals, etc. that I did splashing and relaxing. Found it to be too much work. No thanks!
Golf-I tried it a few times, even took lessons and have to admit I am not a great athlete. However, its just a good walk interrupted by hitting a little ball with a stick. What's with the specialty fashions? Don't forget how exorbitant the fees are. No thank you!
The Media coverage and current fascination with stories such as the runaway bride and the Michael Jackson trial. Are these issues going to further world peace, improve the environment, feed the starving, abolish third world debt, provide all Americans with health care coverage, house the homeless, et. al.No thanks, I'll read a good newspaper and skip tv journalism all together.
Finally I could probalby find five on this topic alone:
Fashion treands-Low cut jeans- Fine if you're young and in great shape. They are not meant for everyone, nothing more distasteful than a little pouch hanging out. We are not kangaroos, we are supposed to be ladies. (Maybe I'm jealous, or maybe if you wore them in the 70's, you probably should not be wearing them now. Exposed boxers and thongs- While I'm on a diatribe, let me add that undergarments are just that. Don't need to see them either. No thanks! Ponytails on otherwise bald men- Come on fellas who are we kidding? Body art/Tatoos- Must I explain? Noo thanks, not ever!

I'd like to know what ET, Justrose and Medbh would have to say. Come on ladies, your turn! Want to play? Its ladies night.

3 comments:

Pax Romano said...

So I guess the Wide Screen Plasma TV I bought for your birthday will have to returned...no, it's ok, I am sure you would not to watch Javier on the giant screen... I'll just get you some bath oil!

Zelda Parker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zelda Parker said...

Speaking of Javier I noticed that he was omitted from the list of Hollywoods' most handsome actors in today's Inquirer. I'll overlook it this time as he is not an American, but where was George Clooney?