Saturday, June 25, 2005

My dear friend Sylvia finally stepped away from her Society Hill home long enough for us to catch up this afternoon. Sylvia managed to tear herself away from her dear Saul at Feinsteins footwear, otherwise known as "Saul's Soles." First to the Walnut for a viewing of West Side Story and we lunched at Pompeii. The lamb chops are to die for. We decided to spend the resmaining afternoon by the pool at my place. It was a pitcher of dirty martini's that set the afternoon at ease. Juan, the pool boy, was just finishing up and brought out our drinks. Forgot how much I liked this pool. You know I'm not one to talk but, Sylvia said that no good for nothing child of theirs took off again with Saul's gold card, Syl's engagement ring and worst of all her new Manolo's. She thinks that she is following that film maker Klaus to San Francisco. What for I don't know? Oy, poor Syl and Saul, at this rate they'll never get to retire to Boca with the rest of the Feinsteins! Enough already, Don't worry Syl, I told her Saul will provide, he sells the best shoes in all of Philadelphia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zelda,

Such a mentsh you are taking care of my Syl. When she said she was going out with her Goy Gal Pal, Zelda, I said to myself, “Better Zelda than that two bit floozy, Countess Pasta Primavera or whatever that deluded creature calls her self.” Of course the last time I took her gold card away she was sitting shiva! Oy, the woman is meshugeh when it comes to spending my money…but I digress, have a nice time, and don’t let her eat any fish, what it does to her stomach, you don’t want to know!